Old 26-07-2003, 03:02 AM
B & J

Default Gladiolas

"SugarChile" wrote in message
Not a good one 8-). You can try planting them a little deeper, and piling

loose mulch, like straw, around them once they are up and growing. You

can
grow them in-between tall bushy perennials that will give them some

support.
Or you can grow them in row and run sticks-and-twine along the rows,

instead
of staking them individually.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

When I had "real" soil in Minnesota, I used a spade and dug a trench as deep
as the depth of the spade, piled the dirt on one side of the trench, and
placed the corms in the bottom of this trench. I then covered the corms to
about a third of the depth of the trench. As they sprouted and grew, I
gradually pushed in the remaining dirt until the trench was filled. Unless
we had a severe storm when they were flowering, they seldom went over.

John