Old 26-07-2003, 03:22 AM
Don

Default Performance & Maintenance on Honda Harmony

American made mowers are junk compared to a Honda. Where have you
been. Honda is the largest small engine mfr in the world, no won else
i s close. The Honda lawnmowers are the least poluting and longest
lasting mowers ever built. Even the low end models that they now
offer are still much better than their competition.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:10:40 GMT, wrote:

I'm thinking about a walk-behind mower and might be able to buy a
Honda Harmony from a firend who owes me. Anyway, I think he paid
around $500 for it and it's less than a year old. Chance are it'll be
a trade/barter deal.

Value aside, I'm more concerned with how users who have owned Hondas
feel about their performance and maintenance. Are they relatively
easy to service at home for the normal gear head? Or do they have
hidden compartments and gadgets that make normal maintenance a 2-day
chore? Do all Hondas use the same motors?

With regard to cutting, it's a mulcher type, and I wondered how good a
Honda is? Is their system a farce? Will I need to bag normally?

I haven't seen this mower and don't know the model, but I have to
assume that it's a middle-to-top line homeowner (not commercial)
model. I think it has the plastic deck and is self-propelled, but
don't know much more.

Opinions?

Mike