Old 29-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Pat Meadows

Default "Artifical" lighting -- Any successes?

On 29 Jan 2003 12:30:46 -0800, (Stella
Hackell) wrote:

"Mahasamatman" wrote in message arthlink.net...

You will have far better results with metal halide bulbs, or at least HO
type flourescents. The regular tubes don't produce quite enough light,
though some people make them work for them. There is a nice self-ballasted
75W reflector metal halide bulb on the market now that is inexpensive and
easy to use.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but does one need a special fixture
to use metal halide bulbs? Or do they screw into a regular light socket?
I'm very impatient to get some seeds started indoors, but I'm also
trying not to break the budget.

I've used regular cheap fluorescents with very good results
for many years. I can't see a need for anything else.

Pat
-- Pat Meadows
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: