Old 26-07-2003, 05:22 AM
Jonathan Sachs

Default Cross-country move with plants?

Hope Munro Smith wrote:

Do you have any cuttings left?

Once I know how many I will leave behind, friends will have first
dibs. After that, I want to give them to local people -- I really
don't want to try to ship them, except as a last resort. My original
offer was thoughtlessly worded, and didn't make that clear.

I should clarify what I've got. I propagated the tree from cuttings,
and I now have several small saplings (and one not-so-small one) in
clay pots. That's what I would have to ship. Taking fresh cutting will
not the feasible until the tree goes dormant in the fall, and by then
I will be long gone.

Hope, if you are coming to San Francisco area and will be here before
the middle of August, a handoff is feasible. Otherwise I don't think
it will work.

My mail address is jsachs177 at earthlink dot net.