Old 26-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Lee

Default supermarket cuttings

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message ...
"David Hill" wrote in message
In Tesco the other day, browsing the reduced items (as is my want), and
found 2 packs of fresh rosemary down to 10p each, got to wondering if they
would provide cuttings,so made the great investment.
At home opened and found then in Good condition, so have taken 30 cuttings
from the 2 packs.
Has anyone else tried this way of getting cuttings?
Could also work with mint and thyme.

It works with roses. I once took 4 cuttings from a supermarket rose, and
all four, now adults, are in full flower in my garden.

Franz Heymann

also with ginger root which will finally sprout, and the tops of
pineapple, sweet potatoes make pretty 'ivies" and as Franz notes, most
any of the plants. my daughter had a christmas cactus she got from my
old plant and i pinched one leaf jount from it and now have a lovely
plant. i don't advise plucking pinches at the market though... could
land you in jail
love...lee