Old 26-07-2003, 06:42 AM
Nedra

Default Pool vs Pond

Here is one of the neatest conversions I have ever seen.

http://www.kilk.com/pond/index3.html Belongs to Eric
Kilk. I think he still hangs around in lurk mode...

Good Luck!

Nedra

"K30a" wrote in message
Hello Chris,
Welcome to rec.ponds!
There have been some really wonderful pool to pond conversions. Somebody

has
links to some websites and will probably post them for you to look at.

How serious of a problem will the leaves cause, if they are
allowed to fall into the pond?

Big problem. Decomposing leaves can feed a pea soup algae problem. Lead to

all
sorts of fish problems. But not to despair.
You can make a physical barrier with netting, probably in a tent fashion

or put
in a nice large skimmer.

Can I break up the patio and toss the rubble into the pond, or will

this
make things unhealthy for the fish?

Don't toss the broken patio in the pool. You'll have a heck of mess gather
under the rubble. Bad for fish.

What will a large koi pond do to
my resale value?

A well designed one with ease of maintanence will attract many buyers. But

not
all. Unfortunately not all folks are pondamaniacs.

Lots of research ahead of time will pay off big time in the end.
We'd love to meddle in your pond planning ;-)

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/