Old 26-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Mike

Default New Park.

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Andy wrote in message
I've also heard of another scheme for green spaces, but won't have the
details until tomorrow.

...Living Spaces:

http://www.living-spaces.org.uk

Thank's again Andy, I've sent for their information pack.

On another tack, they don't mention allotments as such but do mention open
spaces, I wonder if they would give grants to allotment societies? I'll do
some checking for all you fellow allotment holders out there.

"Open Spaces". The 4.2 Acres we are dealing with is defined as 'Open
Space' and we know it cannot be built on for housing development or used
for 'Private Means', that is why the Parish Council bought it to return
it to recreational use, BUT, nowhere can we find, (and people a damn
site cleverer than me are on the Committee), nowhere can we find the
definition of an 'Open Space'

1) Is it an 'Open Space' because it is not built on?
2) because it is open to the public?
3) because it is not locked up?
4) because there are no fences?
5) because anybody and anything can go on it?
6) because it is not 'owned' by anyone?

1) Seems to be the nearest answer
2) Yes
3) This is where we have some doubt
4) No, we have to fence it and secure it against vehicles and for
security purposes whilst we are 'developing' the site.
5) No
6) But it is, it is 'owned' by the people of the Parish.

Coming back to Allotments, they are dealt with by a different statute
and will have to be 'transferred' to 'Open and Recreational Space'

My 2d's worth :-))

Mike
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!