Old 29-01-2003, 10:14 PM
zxcvbob

Default "Artifical" lighting -- Any successes?

Pat Meadows wrote:

I've used regular cheap fluorescents with very good results
for many years. I can't see a need for anything else.

Pat

Hi Pat,
I generally agree with you, but I've found that when it's time to replace
the lamps it is just about as cheap to replace the ballast with an
electronic ballast and switch to inexpensive triphosphor F32T8 lamps.

Cheap 4' shoplight lamps are usually only 25W or 34W now even though they
say F40T12, and they don't put out nearly as much light as they used to.

Best regards,
Bob