Old 26-07-2003, 03:22 PM
David J Bockman

Default "Temporary" grass

If your area experiences hard frosts then any annual grass will be fine....
you may get some volunteers from seed next spring but they're easily
removed.

Dave

"GIJane" wrote in message
I tore up the front yard (48 x 23') completely. Took up all the

vegatation
and put down 2 inches of topdress soil. I need to "temporarily" plant
something in it while I work on the hardscape and before I get in all the
scrubs and periennials. It will eventually be a garden area with no

grass,
only divided planting areas for scrubs, bushes, periennials, bulbs, mulch,
ground cover and stepping stones. Will eventually have a bench and a

raised
garden box, too.

Bottom line, I don't want to plant a grass that will put me back to the
original extremely hard work of removing grass to plant the final item.

But
need something to cover over the next year or two to keep it from becoming

muddy, weedy mess. Thanks