Old 26-07-2003, 03:22 PM
bmuller

Default Pool vs Pond

"Chris Herring" wrote in message
Happy Friday

I have a 20,000 gallon in-ground concrete pool. I am considering

converting
it
into a koi pond. If I decide to do it, it will probably be next spring (if

can wait that long..), so I have plenty of time to plan. Today, these are
the issues that concern me:

(1) The pool is situated under a number of deciduous trees.

As most water lillies need at least 5 hours of sun to bloom properly, you
might assess whether the tree allows this. If you are not into flowers, but
strictly fish, then the shade might be appreciated by them.

When we bought the house, the appraiser figured the value of the pool at
$7500. So if I removed the pool and let weeds grow there instead, I might
lose that much when I go to sell the house. What will a large koi pond do

my resale value?

Ask the appraiser in your area as it is a very local thing. Where we live in
the North, an in ground swimming pool in the backyard actually reduces the
resale value of a house.