Old 26-07-2003, 06:32 PM
LYNN32141

Default Off the wall question?

In article , "Diane Mancino"
writes:

Sounds like a good trade off, Lynn on the golden Tang- It has 2 new shoots,
so I know its a happy camper. That many blooms? this was just one- what are
you feeding it and how big is it

Dianne,

I'd be glad to send you some digital shots of it... It's about 3 years old, and
fairly big. When I first got it, it was in a 2 inch clay pot, which I
transplanted into those slat baskets. I put some spaghnum moss on the bottom
and sides, to make an inner basket. Then I put the orchid in that, and covered
it with orchid Bark, and hung it under my pine tree. It LOVES it there.. Gets
jsut the right amount of sun and shade. Temperatures can usually hit 99 or
over during summer and we are always in 100% humidity, so this provided it a
nice combination of cool, vs sunny.

This year, I split it out into 2 smaller plant groupings .. I have had blooms
already on the new plants, and see where they are sending new root feet out as
well as leaf stalks. So I see it is happy happy, and my splitting of the base
plant is working well.

On the base plant where I took the divisions, it has sent up 5 new flower
spikes.. Each flower spike normally has 2-3 flower blooms on it, so that will
be hopefully 10-15 more flowers..

I feed it miracle grow acid or miracid, or peters orchid fertilizer.. I've
tried some other others on the market too, which work fairly well ..

Lynn