Old 26-07-2003, 06:35 PM
RichToyBox

Default alkalinity and PH

The KH is not a problem that high, but if it was to be lowered, use muratic
acid. Be careful, do it slow, and monitor the KH. The KH needs to be above
40 always to prevent a pH crash, and over 100 is much better, and for a bead
filter, it needs to be above 200.

I use PondTabbs which are available at most pond suppliers or the internet.
It is one tab per gallon of soil once or twice a month.
--
RichToyBox

"GaneaRowenna" wrote in message
With a KH of 300 you don't need any of the baking soda. You put it in to
raise KH.

What do I do to lower thr KH? Or is this not a big problem?

Have you fertilized the lilies? If so, when and how much? My hardy

lilies
have smaller pads than the tropicals, and fewer blooms.

I have not fertilized the lilies. What do I use for that? I don't want

hurt my fish.

ShawnAnne