Old 26-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Jim W

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

Essjay001 wrote:

Jim W wrote: Aaaah but theres a difference betwen a hedge and
overhanging shrubbery from a domestic garden.. I cannot imagine them
getting a flail trimmer down our residential north London street LOL..
That'd bring everyone out quick;-) that said there are quite a few
overhanging things esp in the summer. Hedge cutting is usually (to
my knowledge) only done in the 'country' sic where it is necessary to
road safety. (visibility). Or just routine maintainance of larger
areas. Jim there is a difference betwen a hedge and a hedgerow.

Steve R

Yes they're spelt diff.. One is a synonym for the other;-) This
according to Dictionary.com

Dictionary.com/hedge http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=1&q=hedge
Saturday, July 26, 2003

hedge n 1: a fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes
[syn: hedgerow]

//
Jim