Old 26-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Jim W

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

Michael Saunby wrote:

Aaaah but theres a difference betwen a hedge and overhanging shrubbery
from a domestic garden.. I cannot imagine them getting a flail trimmer
down our residential north London street LOL.. That'd bring everyone
out quick;-) that said there are quite a few overhanging things esp in
the summer.

And what would the difference be? Why as a smallholder don't I have to
worry about keeping my roadside hedge from overhanging the road, but a
suburban gardener must? It does seem very odd that it's claimed such a law
(or is it bylaw?) exists that is so different between countryside and
suburbia.

Lamposts.. Trees, Pavements, cars.. Like to see a flail cutter get
around that lot to prune short lengths of hedge.. Different setting
altogether and inappropriate for it for one.. Even if the tax is nearly
a grand..

//
Jim