Old 26-07-2003, 06:42 PM
BK

Default iris Pseudacorus

Hi, I think I should re-introduce myself before I
do my message. I was reading and posting a bit
a couple of years ago while I was building up
my garden from nothing. It's a small north facing
E. London garden which is quite jungly and looking
very lush at the moment.

I have a small pond with 3 goldfish that are growing
nicely and a large clump of iris Pseudacorus growing
in a pond basket rather too nicely. They've grown 5'
and I'm going to replace them with the smaller
iris Laevigata Dorothy next week.

After living in the pond would they thrive in the
ground if I gave them to neighbours? Alternatively
is it worth offering my Pseudacorus to anybody
here or are they like 10 a penny and everybody
gets rid of them? I don't have room for a compost
heap here and I hate throwing stuff away...

I have some iris Sibirica which I intended to plant
in the boggy bit of the pond but when my hubbie
completed the pond he couldn't quite manage the
bog. So I re-potted them last month, they're not
dying but not thriving either. Could I chance them
in the pond? Or should I find a friend with
a boggy area?

*******
Barbara
Pick out the stones to email me