Old 26-07-2003, 07:32 PM
joe

Default Pool vs Pond

RichToyBox wrote:

(3) Does anyone have a sense of how a pond (especially one that takes up a
significant portion of the sqaure footage of the lot) impacts resale
value?

I don't know that a pool adds any value. If I were looking for a house and
it had a pool, I would consider it a liability. On the other hand, if I had
young kids I might think it was useful to have. A pond might limit the
number of people who would consider buying your home in the future -
especially a 20,000 gallon pond. But if the right PORG came along, they
might be willing to pay extra!

Joe