Old 26-07-2003, 08:03 PM
bnd777

Default Irritating Neighbour's Water Feature

Thoroughly agree that a newsgroup for Neighbour Issues would be useful
Problem is theres considerate neighbours who would not dream of upsetting
anyone and certainly would not create noise or grow Leylandi etc and then
theres the new breed of folk who consider its their God given right to do
what the hell they please without any consideration for anyone else and
basically theres almost nothing in law you can do about it
"PJ" wrote in message
. com...
Hi

I have a notion that a newsgroup for neighbour issues would be rather

useful
as I see so many coming up here

My neighbour issue is extremely minor indeed really but I'm wondering what
the situation is in law or whatever.

My neighbour has a little waterfall in their pond. I think it's great that
they have a pond, but the problem is the little waterfall which makes a

most
irritating noise 24 hours a day. It sounds a bit like gutter which is
overflowing or something, it really doesn't sound like a waterfall at all.

Oddly enough the problem is greatest at night because it is so quiet at

night
that the sound of the "waterfall" is really loud. I actually rather enjoy
toodling around in my garage at night and it's a nuisance having this

sound
at night.

What I have considered is suggesting to them that they turn it off at

night.
I don't mind it so much during the day because my area is not particularly
quiet so it sort of blends in with the general background noise more.

The problem is that I anticipate they will tell me "where to go" if I

request
this as that does tend to be their style rather...

So if they refuse to turn if off at night is there anything that can be

done
about it?

--
Patrick