Old 26-07-2003, 09:42 PM

Default supermarket cuttings

When the ancient war dogs did battle on Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:11:03 GMT,
Salty Thumb did speak the following bit
of wisdom:

There was a thread about a month ago about rooting rosemary. It seems
that people who used rooting hormone had a success rate similar to yours,
while those who didn't (maybe it was just me) had higher success rates.

I personally never bother with rooting hormone for rosemary sprigs or
other "easy to root" plants or herbs. I usually just take the rosemary
sprig and run it down between my fingers to strip off all the lower
needles. Then I'll just shove them in some good. soiless potting mix
or stick them in a glass of water. Either way, I've found that they've
rooted well for me.

* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"