Old 26-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Charlie

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

"Essjay001" wrote in message
Charlie wrote:

Why are you ashamed of someone doing a days work for a days pay.
I am an aircraft engineer and have spent about ten years teaching, but I
didn't turn my nose up when offered a week as a dustbin man.

Because, frankly, he could do better than that. He got a part time job in a
bank and his parents wouldn't let him take it because the supermarket was
closer. He would have got paid more and had more benefits, but that didn't
appear to matter.

I know I wouldn't like to work in a supermarket (even as a manager - I'd
rather work in a local shop) and from the way the binmen behave around here,
I wouldn't like myself or my friends to have to do that either (not that I
expect that it's the same everywhere).

Charlie.