Old 26-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Essjay001

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

JennyC wrote:
"Essjay001" wrote
David Rance wrote:
Actually they do - in France. There are "cantonniers" whose job it
is to go round in the countryside cutting grass and trimming
hedges. And when one of my hedges over there was deemed to be
interfering with the automatic working of a street light a
councillor came and trimmed it back himself!

David I am sure that your comment is very relevant to the french way
of life, but in all honesty can you see that happening in the UK?
Steve R

PS "uk.rec.gardening" gives one the idea that french custom and
practice are not really relevant here

But that's what make URG interesting - all the various tendrils that a
thread makes :~)
Besides Northern France has a very similar climate to parts of Britain
as does whole tracts of Europe.....

Come on Steve, be a bit more 'European' minded.

We have saved the frogs asses on more than one occaision and all the thanks
we get is zip!
De Gaulle never wanted us in the EEC. The farm system in France is counter
productive resulting in British people subsidising French farmers. The
French do not take their fair share of refugees they just make it easy for
them to come here. Enough?

Just think all this European info might come in handy if Bratian ever

joins Europe properly :~))

Like thats ever going to happen!

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.