Old 27-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Poe Lim

Default Algae and CO2 question

"Graham Broadbridge" graham at peachy dot org wrote in message
u...
That is not good. Plants won't do well if nitrate is 0.

Are you fertilizing at all? You might need to now, if you weren't

before.
At
least iron, and possibly potassium.

And nitrate, of course!

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using Seachem Flourish weekly. The tank is
not heavily populated and I'm planning on adding fish - hopefully that'll
increase the Nitrate available to the plants.

If your tank is heavily planted, and I assume it is if you are using
controlled CO2 (which one BTW, and who did you get it off?), you'll find
nitrate will be 0. I'm actually getting algae problems now, as my nitrates
are still 0 (and the plants are growing likes weeds, especially the Rotala
Rotundifolia and Pogostemon Stellata) in spite of increased fish load. From
memory, you said something about a chemist in Pymble with potassium nitrate?
Which one is it, as my local one is having trouble getting it, and I don't
want 500g.

Cheers,
Poe