Old 27-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Essjay001

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

Charlie wrote:
Because, frankly, he could do better than that.

We can all do better but the way things are in this country we are not
allowed to.

He got a part time
job in a bank and his parents wouldn't let him take it because the
supermarket was closer. He would have got paid more and had more
benefits, but that didn't appear to matter.

More fool him!

I know I wouldn't like to work in a supermarket (even as a manager -
I'd rather work in a local shop) and from the way the binmen behave
around here, I wouldn't like myself or my friends to have to do that
either (not that I expect that it's the same everywhere).

It's all very well having principles (mis-guided as they are) but the
mortgage has to be paid. No one give you money. I have been out of work for
nearly 6 weeks an no one pays my bills, I don't even qualify for JSA.

Don't be such a snob. A job is a job. and you should be proud of your
friend, at least he isn't sitting on his arse like some dole scroungers

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.