Old 27-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Moosh:]

Default Paying to find non-GE wild corn?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:19:11 +0100, Oz
wrote:

Moosh:] writes
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:12:10 +0100, Oz
wrote:

Moosh:] writes

How could you dry out a crop by applying an aqueous solution?
Oh, I see, they killed a crop with the herbicide making it look dry?
That's illegal, for use on a food crop.

Actually no. Dessicants are not that unusual in european agriculture
(and probably american as well). It's quite often used for EU canola,
and sometimes other crops, particularly where weed control has been, er,
less than perfect.

This has been going on for decades.

Yes, I follow, but would you use Roundup for this?

Absolutely, the product of choice due to it's safety.

What chemicals are used for dessicants? Curious.

Diquat pre roundup, and still preferred if a fast kill is required.

The approvals tend to be crop specific.

Thanks. I was expecting "dessicants" rather than herbicides, but I see
what is meant.