Old 27-07-2003, 02:42 PM

Default Question about beetles and grubs

Mopar,

The first beetles we saw this year were on a pot of basil on our deck.
One night we looked at it, and it was black with beetles.

I bought some Sevn, sprayed the basil, the beetles dropped and never
came back.

I will take your advice next year, and just spray our linden trees
(which were the beetles' favorite) with Sevn.

The problem is, this year, we had no idea until it was too late.
Next year I'll be ready for them....I'll be looking up at the trees
from July 1st on, waiting for those little *******s.

Our other trees are mostly maples, oaks, crabs. The beetles tasted
the oaks, but didn't like them enough to do damage.

Our lindens, however, are gone. My front yard is covered with
leaves...looks like October.

So if all I have to spray next year are the lindens, that's
manageable, then I won't use the traps.