Old 27-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Lee

Default supermarket cuttings

"Jaffacake" wrote in message .. .
Lee,

I'm very interested to hear about the ginger root... how do you do it?

Thanks
Lisa

I use ginger root medicinally so some years back when i got a good fat
root i took what i wanted for a tincture and laid the piece i had left
out on top of the potting soil so the break could heal over, then put
it in the potting soil just barely covered. it takes a long time, but
eventually ...if it doesn't rot from being over-watered... it will
sprout. Under the right conditions, it could make a tree, but is not
good for zone 7 for outside winters i don't think, so i treated it
like a house plant in the winter. Actually, i grew it in my solarium,
but sold and now don't have the plant nor the solarium.

I think there are pic of ginger trees on the net, so you could see
what they look like.
love..leona