Old 27-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Zucchini Problem

In article , simy1@my-
deja.com says...
We are growing Raven F1 and Clarinette Lebanese. Honestly, i'd have had
more to eat from these plants if I had stir-fried the blossoms. The
plants look very helathy otherwise. Missouri Z 5b

Many varieties make male flowers for 3 weeks before going into
production. Zucchini blossom omelette with steamed chard and new
potatoes on the side means July at my place.

Raven is the variety I'm having problems with too. But in my garden the
female flowers arrived weeks before the male, which are still in short
supply.

But the tips still appear to be being eaten by ants - I put out ant traps
and sprayed with Neem yesterday.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?