Old 27-07-2003, 05:33 PM
martin

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:31:49 +0000 (UTC), "bnd777"
wrote:

"Essjay001" wrote in message
David Rance wrote:
They don't come around. They pay one of the local farmers to do
them.

Actually they do - in France. There are "cantonniers" whose job it is
to go round in the countryside cutting grass and trimming hedges. And
when one of my hedges over there was deemed to be interfering with the
automatic working of a street light a councillor came and trimmed it
back himself!

David I am sure that your comment is very relevant to the french way of
life, but in all honesty can you see that happening in the UK?
Steve R

PS "uk.rec.gardening" gives one the idea that french custom and practice

are
not really relevant here
---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

If we did have some of the French attitudes to hedges we would not be
suffering the "Leylandi Curse " and High Hedge problem
Hedges on boudaries are limited to 2 metres in France and other places in
Europe but not here in the UK mores the pity

There are plenty of hedges over two metres high in our typically Dutch
street. We have one for a start :-)
--
martin