Old 27-07-2003, 05:46 PM
martin

Default OT? Mail order

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:56:12 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , martin
writes

Do you have to give the cost of postage in your catalogue David?
Why not refer to Parcel Forces web site for the current cost?
Most mail order places tell you the cost of postage, when you place
the order.

Not IME.

My experience is

Amazon

www.abe.com

All the boat mail order companies

All the sail makers I have asked for quotes.

And if I have to phone the company to find the post costs
before I place my order, then I won't bother to order from them.

I know that if I'm paying a standard charge for a small quantity of
goods, I am paying over the odds, but at least that allows me to make my
decision, and not buy something for, say 5 quid, when the postage
/delivery charge is another 3 or 4 quid on top of that.

--
martin