Old 27-07-2003, 06:32 PM
PJ

Default Irritating Neighbour's Water Feature

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:18:20 +0100, Michael Saunby wrote
(in message ):

Surely the subject heading say's all you need to know. If it was the water
feature that he found irritating the subject would have read "Neighbour's
irritating water feature".

Of course if the neighbour wasn't irritating then I expect the matter could
be discussed, and likely resolved, next time they're all down the pub
together.

It's true that the neighbour is irritating and there have been previous
issues. Fortunately these have been resolved but they were much more
significant than the waterfall. In one case they wanted to put the flu for
their central heating out of the side of their garage straight into my
garden, about 5 feet above the ground. I only knew about it when they asked
for access to do it the day before. The wall of the garage is a party wall
with my garden. Amusingly when I suggested that they could put the flu out
the other side of the garage, into their garden, they replied, without a hint
of irony, that they didn't want a flu sticking into their garden. There have
been two other issues but it would be too long to write about them

However time has passed since then and in fact one of the two smiled at me
yesterday so I am beginning to feel that if I do find myself irritated by the
waterfall I might be able to offer to buy them a time-switch for it.

--
Patrick