Old 28-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Essjay001

Default Adding sugar in water for tomato plants

anne wrote:
Anyone heard of this? It's supposed to make them sweeter (obviously!)

Does it work? If so, how much do you add?

I heard somewhere that a small tomato has exactly the same amount of
"sweetness" as a large tomato. (anyone else heard this) If this is correct
eat smaller toms. I know my neighbour used to give me chery sized toms that
tasted as sweet as strawberries. I could happily sit and eat half a pound
and I am not really a tomato person.

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.