Old 28-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Mike

Default Rain Water Barrels....

Well from reading this form I think it is safe to say that I should not top
off my pond with the garden hose due to chlorine problems. I was thinking
of using a 45gal plastic (PVC?) barrel that I can get from work. I want to
add a valve of some sort and a regular garden hose fitting so I can use an
old garden hose to feed the pond. My question is, since I am new to
plumbing and all that, is how to I fix the pipe to the barrel? Do I need
some kind of flange? If any of you have done something similar with a
barrel filter what did you use? Keep in mind I think I want to use 3/4"
copper pipe, but if you guys have a better suggestion for material let me
know.

Mike