Old 28-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Travis

Default Does anyone know what this is??

Traci wrote:
I have an unidentifiable insect(?) in my flowerbed. I've been
searching the web and these posts for days but haven't found
anything.

I first noticed some very small black things on the leaves of
some of the plants. They can be scratched off. They are round
and flat and hard. Then I noticed these cone shaped things
almosts covering the dirt in the bed. At first I thought it
was just a growth or something because of all the rain we've
had. Each cone holds many of these small black discs. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. I have a photo for anyone
who needs to see.

Post the picture to alt.binaries.pictures.garden

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5