Old 28-07-2003, 05:32 AM
B & J

Default "Black Knight" Butteryfly Bush

Amen, Marilyn! I have two butterfly bushes growing in my yard that I
purchased because they were labeled "Black Knight" but weren't. I didn't
return them because the blooms are reasonably attractive and it was the
following year before I determined they weren't. Finally I ordered one from
Blue Stone. I think this problem often happens at retail outlets because
customers are prone to pull out labels and put them back in the wrong
container. BTW, another butterfly bush I ordered because it was labeled
as a dwarf "Nanho Purple" is incredible. The number and size of the flowers
far surpasses "Black Knight." It requires little pruning and blooms it's
head off.

John

"madgardener" wrote in message
return the plant. Black Knight is deep deep dark purple with an orange
"Fleemo" wrote in message
m...
I love growing butterfly bushes, and wanted to a deep, dark purple
"Black Knight" to my collection. We went to a nursery that had a few
in bloom, but not the size we wanted. So we purchased a smaller plant
that wasn't in bloom. When it finally did bloom, it wasn't the deep
almost black purple, but more of a bright purple. Might my plant get
darker flowers with age, or should I return the plant?