Old 28-07-2003, 06:22 AM
Theron

Default Lowering pH

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:58:17 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

Bob, isn't the KH low though? I know baking soda will
raise the KH -and pH will stablize at 8.4 - but I have no
idea what baking soda will do to lower the pH. Seems
like the buffering should also be addressed.

Nedra

"Bob Adkins" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:52:20 -0400, "Jeff & Kathy Brown"
wrote:

What is the fastest, safest way to lower the pH. My pH is registering at
9.01 with KH of 89.5. Go figure. Please advise...thanks.

HCl, (hydrochloric or muriatic acid) is fine. Follow instructions

carefully.
This stuff will kill fish and plants instantly if not diluted properly.

Bob

Baking Soda will also lower the Ph to 8.4. Its strange but it will
raise it if its low, and lower it if its high.

Theron