Old 28-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Les Dowdell

Default [IBC] Sterilising pots?

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:58:20 -0500, Alan Walker wrote:

Les: Just for clarification, when you say 10%, do you mean 1:9 ratio of standard bleach (like Clorox) or 10% solution of the
bleach ingredient (sodium hypochlorite)? I believe the last time I looked that Clorox is only 5% sodium hypochlorite, so a
10% solution would mean double the strength of standard household bleach.
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://bonsai-bci.com

Hello Alan,

When I referred to a "10%" bleach solution, I was talking about a 1:9 dilution of commercially available bleach
(like Clorox). I guess, as a chemist, I should have been more exact in the terms I used. Sorry for the confusion.

BTW, the same dilution also helps neutralize the stinging sensations that can arise from the capsaicins(sp) in strong
peppers. So, when you cut and handle them with bare hands, rinse in dilute bleach before touching any other parts
of your body.

Best wishes in bonsai,
Les Dowdell

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++