Old 28-07-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default Garden Watering Recommendation - Washington DC

I water all my beds by hand using a water wand. The sprinkler would not go
down through the mulch. In a vegetable garden you need about an inch a week.

On 27 Jul 2003 17:34:52 -0700, (Fred) wrote:

I have a small (5'x6') backyard garden in Washington DC. Mostly I
have tomatoes and peppers planted. The garden receives a good bit of
sun and has mulch at the base of the plants. Assuming no rain for a
week, how often should I water my garden and for how long? I'm using
a typical yard sprinkler which swivels from side to side but is set to
only pass over the garden area.

What is the best way to water this type of garden? Maybe next year,
I'll set up a better system but I'm stuck with what I have for now.

Thanks!
Fred