Old 28-07-2003, 02:03 PM
ba5416

Default foam

I live about two hours north of Toronto Ont. I have a 3 yr old pond about a
1000 gallons or so. Healthy from the beginning. There are about 10 fish in
there and I have had successfull breeding since the first year. The deepest
part of the pond is about 46" deep and I leave the pump running throughout
the winter as I leave the fish in year round. There is a fountain on the
pump and a water fall at one end. The waterfall rock is limestone that I
collected from an old fence line.

My problem is this year I am getting foam buildup from the water fall. Did
not have the problem last year but this year it is bad. Water tests that I
do indicate that everything is fine for all the important things like PH,
nitrites, nitrates, hardness etc.

The local store is at a loss why the foam. They have done tests as well and
have not found anything bad. I have seen foam on rivers which says to me it
is something natural, but it looks terrible.

Any suggestions???