Old 28-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Marty Haber

Default [IBC] Not a challenge- [IBC] Hmmm was/ Is this a Bonsai?

Yes, tropicals often do develop that "canopy" shape. I have a schefflera
forest, for example, which I bought 15 years ago only because it gave me the
feeling of "jungleness". Trunks cross, there is no apex: but it has lots of
aerial roots and a thick mass of overhead foliage. Call it what you will,
bonsai or not, I wouldn't trade it for a forest which follows all the rules.
Marty