Old 28-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Not a challenge- [IBC] Hmmm was/ Is this a Bonsai?

Marty Haber wrote:

Yes, tropicals often do develop that "canopy" shape. I have a schefflera
forest, for example, which I bought 15 years ago only because it gave me the
feeling of "jungleness". Trunks cross, there is no apex: but it has lots of
aerial roots and a thick mass of overhead foliage. Call it what you will,
bonsai or not, I wouldn't trade it for a forest which follows all the rules.
Marty

I think I have a vague recollection of that one, Marty. I have a jade plant that
does the same sort of thing for me. I suppose it's in a sort of clump style, but it
has a very African look with a fairly flat top that I find very powerful and
inviting. At the front there is an opening, like a tree house that is inviting.
I like it.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37