Old 28-07-2003, 05:32 PM
BK

Default iris Pseudacorus

"Jim W" wrote
Oh yes.. I sold them at a local plant sale at 50p a root (clipped down
and bare rooted) and they went like hotcakes.. They weren't even in
pots, just laid on a bit of plastic

At that price its not worth selling large ones online though. Unless
you find a willing buyer elsewhere.

Quicker to give them away or swap.. Some of us are having a 'meet' at
Kew on Tues.. we will be swapping plants..;-)
//

Jim and everybody, thanks for your advice. I think I'll have to persuade
neighbours to grow them - it feels like re-homing my cat LOL!

I'll try to come along to the meet if I can. The Orangery at 10:30? Is
that still the arrangement? I haven't been to Kew for years, its about
time I made the effort g. If I do come, how should I prepare the
irises? I haven't taken them out of the pond yet but can do this
evening.

While we're talking about swaps, I'm looking for something to plant
against a small 3' wall at the front of my terrace house. Something
fairly fast growing and a bit different. South facing once it grows
over the wall. It's not a cold spot, I have a pelargonium that
survived the winter very nicely and is resting its flowers on the
top of the wall.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

--
*******