Old 28-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Some One

Default Winterized hose reel?

Hey all!

Seeing the hose reel questions reminded me of something I need to
do...

I have a couple of "Suncast" hose reels. These are pretty crappy. The
portable one does it's job, but the one I have mounted to my deck is a
pain.

On the mounted reel, the center hub where the hose attaches pops out
of the reel, spewing water all over the reel. It seems that something
during the winter damages the reel as it works all summer, winter
comes, and it's busted. I've replaced the damaged parts once, and it
happened again this year.

I'm assuming that some trapped water freezes and breaks a plastic
part. I do what I can to drain the water out of this unit, but it's
still happening.

Can anyone suggest a good WINTERIZED hose reel? Something that is self
draining, or freeze proof, or ???

Thanks!