Old 28-07-2003, 08:33 PM
DKat

Default @#*%)^@ Cats!

You could just pave over everything and stick in plastic and wood flowers,
carpet with artifical turf, etc. That would keep out all the annoying
"criters" I curse the squirrels for digging up my freshly planted
annuals, the kingfisher for eating my most attractive goldfish, my cats for
wiping out my rodent population, etc. but I leave it at that and acknowledge
they the have as much right to the earth as I do and that I no more "own" my
piece of acreage than those before me who dumped their garbage on it or
those after me that will probably dig up all my treasured plants and put in
a pool to drown their own or a neighbor's kid in.

DK

"Some One" wrote in message
. ca...
...and don't forget their FISH and BIRDS too!

Did you ever stop and think that a Cat is not a Dog? You can't just
leash a cat into your yard like a dog. Just because something works
for a dog doesn't mean it applies to other animals.

I assume that you sit on your porch at night with a shotgun shooting
at rabbits and frogs just in case they get in your flowerbed as well?

If pet owners were more responsible and kept THEIR cats in THEIR
yards as I do with MY dogs, instead of allowing them to roam free
and crap in my yard and/or cause MY dogs to bark while THEIR cat
site on my 7' fence and glares at MY dogs, then I wouldn't have a
problem with THEIR cats. But since this is not the case I choose

shoot at them with a BB gun. I'm damned if I'll pay to rent a

trap
to catch their cat only to have them let it go as soon as Animal
Control leaves. I don't want to hurt the cats, just discourage

them
from crapping in my yard and teasing my Min Pins. As for Animal
Abuse, give me a break and join the REAL world! *

--
Lucy