Old 28-07-2003, 09:32 PM
MLEBLANCA

Default relocating to California (2/2)

In article , Hope Munro Smith
writes:

Yes, I realize what you meant to say earlier! I'm still trying to decide
if I am going to bareroot them and have them go that way or leave them in
their pots (perhaps putting them in fresh Miracle Gro potting soil).

You know, Hope, I wouldn't bare root at the time you leave, wait until you
are almost to Calif and do it then. Or even wait until you see what the
inspector
has to say and do it at the station, if there is a problem. It seems to me that
orchids, at least, would not have any disease of concern. (Just like the
inspector isn't concerned when you have bananas) Bring a bag of sterile
potting soil and repot them down the road. I don't think the inspector is going
to rip the plants from your trembling hands!!LOL They have always been quite
reasonable people if you are honest with them. "quick and painless" ha ha
OTOH it may be that you will be lucky and the station will not even be open on
the day you get here.........
Let us all know how it goes. When will you be moving?

Emilie
NorCal