Old 28-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Heidi

Default weird weed

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, including
gardening time!

I have recently discovered a new weed sprouting from our neighbors yard
and invading our side of the fence. The weed/brush is a vine that
grows vigorously up our fence and attaches itself by little "feet".
These feet look like bird feet, brown with tiny fingers almost. When I
pull the vine off of the fence, the feet remain attached firmly to the
fence, and the vine pulls away from the feet.

Our neighbors do not pay any attention to their yard (the entire back
yard is a junk pile of weeds, brush, vines, discarded household items,
etc...)...lucky us...thank goodness we have a privacy fence. At any
rate, I don't think they will know the origin of the weed.

From my vague description, can anyone help me ID this invader?

As always, thanks for your insights and advice!

Heidi
Raleigh, zone 7b