Old 28-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Anne Lurie

Default fry xp failed

I respectfully beg to differ with you, Cybe -- Windows XP *fries* the mind
& shreds the patience of people who try to install it! The hardware remains
intact, it just has no brain -- rather like me when I made the mistake of
trying to configure not 1, not 2, BUT 3 computers with Win XP on the same
weekend!!!!! (We'd just bought a laptop with XP, so I thought, "Hey, we
should all be on the same platform, eh, wot?" )

Actually, installing & tweaking XP was *nothing* to the chaos that ensued
when my hubby attempted to actually *use* the CD-burner in his computer
(trying to save a large Word file) -- a few too many programs open caused
his computer to totally crash, resulting in a trip to the Gateway store, and
2-3 days of non-productive time (a very bad thing for a self-employed guy
for whom time is money).

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote in message
news:20030728100104.7da993e6.cyber_wizard@mindspri ng.com...
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:01:48 -0600
johnrutz wrote:

well my "fry experiment" seems to have failed

John Rutz

Dang, John, from the subject line I thought you were trying to destroy a
Windows box!

Cybe -willing to help