Old 29-07-2003, 02:14 AM
John Savage

Default POSSUM deterrent ideas requested

"JWSM" writes:
My once beautiful roses and camellias barely have a leaf, so was wondering
as to how I can make them unpalatable to the nocturnal noxious critters.

All suggestions gratefully accepted... no gun remedies tho ;-)

Suggestions? As I said, I have many. Here's another:

I don't know whether anyone has tried the suggestion using teddy bears,
but it has been reported that possums, being territorial, mistake the
presence of a teddy bear in a tree as indicating that a rival possum has
already taken possession and the latecomer should go elsewhere. I posted
this idea a year or more back when I first heard it, but no one has yet
reported back any results. Someone in this street threw out a 4 foot high
teddy bear last week in the kerbside cleanup, if I knew you had a need
for it I would have saved it for you!
--
John Savage (news reply email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)