Old 29-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Best way to increase Nitrogen quickly.

(paghat) wrote in
news
In article , Salty Thumb
wrote:

If you're looking for a quick fix, I've heard of people using cheap
dry dog food. I've never done it myself.

Never heard of that, but it's actually quite fascinating, as indeed it
includes many of the same rendering-plant gross-out garbagy
ingredients that are elsetimes used as fertilizers, except a half-peg
higher in the chain so not quite as leached of nutrients as would be
fish or bonemeal for gardens. And not inconceibably better as a
fertilizer than as a dogfood.

-paghat the ratgirl

now that I've thought about it, adding dog food directly to the soil
probably isn't a good idea ... what I have heard is people add dog food
to a nitrogen deficient *compost* pile. adding dog food directly will
probably just invite snoopy, spike, olaf, ranger rick, sammy squirrel and
ollie otter to an early breakfast buffet.

-- Salty