Old 29-07-2003, 05:12 AM
~Vicki ~

Default Threadfin Rainbows & Planted Tank

Otos would be your best bet for a 10 gallon tank. But like one of the
other posters said they have a high mortality rate. Once established
should do a good job. If you buy 4 - 6, half of them should live. If
you pay very close attention to them when you pick them out and only buy
ones that look fat instead of thin you should have even better results.

I can relate to the snail problem tho. Hubby got an apple snail this
weekend and before I knew it half of my plants were gone. Snail is now
a happy resident at the LFS and new plants are in the tank. Since I
don't have algae that I can see it must have felt that the plants were
ok to munch on.

Vicki

How much water do you change per week? I have found that for me 50%
keeps everything running smooth. If you don't do frequent water changes
than start off with small ones (1 gal) a week and work up to the larger
ones. To much right now would kill your fish.