Old 29-07-2003, 06:42 AM
Comcast News

Default Tomatoes and Squirrels

"Mile High" wrote in message
Any suggestions for deterring squirrels from eating my beautiful tomatoes?
It doesn't seem to matter to them if they are ripe or green. The plants

can
be full of fruit when I leave for work in the morning and quite sparse

when
I come home in the afternoon.
Please Help!
Thanks in advance,

^Mile^^High^

reply to newsgroup only
e-mail address is invalid

I had the same problem with Squirrels. I tried fake owls, fake rattle
snakes, Poison (they got fat and happy but not dead) and fencing. Nothing
worked until I decided to trap them. I called a company called Havahart and
ordered 2 squirrel sized varmint traps. I couldn't believe how well these
things worked. Caught about 24 squirrels in little over a week (use tomatoes
or squirrel grub as bait). The only bad thing was I had to drive them about
5 miles away otherwise I was told they would find their way back. I probably
could have a had a whole summers worth of squirrel jerky if I caught the
urge.

I have not had problem with squirrels since