Old 29-07-2003, 02:02 PM
tennis

Default women and shoes...

Nina Baltes wrote:

Steve wrote:

tennis wrote:

Wow! Beautiful flower! I wonder where you are that you feel so free to
post pics of patently CITES illegal plants?? Wish we could get them here!

Aaww Tennis, you scared her. She took the pictures down. ;-)

No, I didn't. The links break up in the newsreader.

Let's see if it works this way, if not, just copy-paste the overhanging
bits:
http://www.chaotropic.net/pics/galle...elenatiixjacki
i.jpg

http://www.chaotropic.net/pics/galle...elenatiixjacki
i2.jpg

http://www.chaotropic.net/pics/galle...elenatiixjacki
i3.jpg

They can't be all that illegal since Matt Pedersen is obviously trying
to organize the first legal import to the US:
http://www.cichlidrecipe.com/orchids...kii_import.asp

You're just jealous we had them here in Germany first .

My plant is from Woessner Orchideen (www.woessner-orchideen.de), and
Tonn (www.orchideen-tonn.de) also has the species in his list, for EUR135.
I seriously doubt two major German breeders would be stupid enough to
sell illegal plants over their websites.

Nina

I don't begrudge you your plants, and yes, I am jealous. But I have no
doubts they'd sell illegal plants over their sites if there's no
enforcement. It is widely known that illegal plants are all over Europe
and Japan. No one in authority seems to care. Just wish the same
attitude prevailed here! All CITES really seems to do in reality is
raise the prices of collected plants and fail to permit the benefits and
lessening of collecting pressure from cultured plants, seed grown
species and hybrids.